Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup
If you’re looking for the best chicken vegetable soup recipe, try making it in a slow cooker! It’s a flavorful and easy comforting soup to share for the whole family or gathering.
Best Chicken Soup Recipe
Everyone should have a slow cooker chicken vegetable soup recipe in their recipe arsenal. We’re always looking for the best chicken vegetable soup recipe. A great recipe for chicken vegetable soup definitely fuels and heals the soul. But if you want a batch that can last a few days but is quick, easy and super delicious, then consider making it in a slow cooker. Just add all the ingredients in the crock pot and by the end of the day, dinner is served.
Video of Slower Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup:
Tips for How to Make Chicken Vegetable Soup in Crock Pot (Slow Cooker)
This slow cooker chicken vegetable soup recipe is the perfect balance of healthy chicken breast and loaded with veggies.
- If you want more vegetables, then just add more to your hearts content. Add potatoes for a more hearty soup. If you want to add kale or spinach, chop them up and add them to the soup about 15 minutes before serving. These leafy greens break down quick and you don’t want to have mushy greens.
- Make sure to season the soup enough because that’s what brings out the flavor too. Add a splash of soy sauce or fish sauce for extra umami flavor!
- For a spicy version, add some hot sauce or chili garlic sauce on the side. Or you can add about 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes for extra heat.
- Not only is this a great recipe that you can come back to in a few hours to a beautiful soup aroma, but it’s a smaller batch. It’s perfect to feed about 4-5 for a side dish, or for 3-4 hearty entree sizes. And best of all, you can have some left over for lunch the next day.
Best Tools for Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household, plus with an added bonus of some of our favorite finds for entertaining:
The original slow cooker. On this on the lid locks down which is great for transporting to potlucks and such. Simple, inexpensive and reliable.
It has cult-like following for a reason. It’s a pressure cooker and so much more. Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, & Yogurt Maker. It’s awesome! If you want a pressure cooker that has a few more bells and whistles (like hands free steam release), this Breville Pressure Cooker is also great.
If pressure cooking is a not your thing but want a bit more than just a slow cooker, this multi-cooker is perfect for you. It can Sauté, Steam, and Slow Cook. Perfect to create those one pot meals.
Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 carrot , diced
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 1/2 onion , diced
- 1 small zucchini , cubed
- 1 cup (240ml) chopped broccoli (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 5 cups (1180ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- additional salt and pepper , to taste (optional)
- minced parsley for garnish (optional)
- In slow cooker add all the soup ingredients (chicken, carrots, celery, onion, zucchini, broccoli, garlic, bay leaf, dried thyme, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt) except for the additional salt/pepper to taste and minced parsley. Gently mix together all the ingredients to make everything combine well. Broccoli Note: We Love broccoli in our soup, but be prepared for the strong broccoli odor. To eliminate the cooked broccoli smell, you can par boil the broccoli first on the stove top, then add the broccoli to the soup about 15 minutes before the soup finishes.
- Cover and cook the soup on Low for 7 hours or about 4 hours on High.
- Gently shred the chicken with two forks and stir the soup to mix the chicken evenly throughout the soup.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Garnish soup with minced parsley.
Check Out these Other Great Slow Cooker & Instant Pot Recipes
- Miracle Creamy Garlic Chicken in Slow Cooker
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Broccoli Soup
- Instant-Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup (pressure cooker)
- More Chicken Recipes and Stove Top Chicken Veggie Soup Recipe
- This recipe was originally published in 2014 and republished in 2020 with updated photos.