Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day and making it interesting with a pesto scrambled eggs is even better. One of our favorite breakfast sandwiches is this open-faced scrambled egg sandwich with a few slices of bacon thrown. It can’t get any better than this: toasted crust bread, flavorful pesto scrambled eggs, crisp bacon and some fresh tomatoes on top. This is a great way to make breakfast great, especially if you’re entertaining and want to make a great impression for your morning guests.
We’re submitting this egg sandwich recipe to Mezetta’s “Make That Sandwich” contest. We thought it’d be fun to try out some of Mezetta’s Pesto spread and peperoncini’s and rather than use it in the typical sandwich application, we decided to add it to our scrambled eggs recipe. When the nice folks at Mezetta sent us a bottle of the pesto spread and peperoncini’s to try, we immediate whipped up a batch of scrambled eggs for breakfast. This easy scrambled egg recipe was a a success right away and the addition of the pesto spread added a fresh flavor and texture to the eggs. The peperoncini’s added that extra burst of bright flavor. If you want to make it extra hearty, simply add some cheese and another slice of bread on top for a satisfying closed sandwich.
So if you want to make breakfast extra hearty and special, add this pesto scrambled egg and bacon breakfast sandwich recipe to your menu. And if you want to join the fun, you can certainly enter the contest too. Just make a sandwich and submit your recipe. Visit the Mezetta website. Good luck!
Disclosure: this is not a sponsored post. It’s to enter the Mezetta Sandwich Contest. Opinions are our own.
See post for additional recipe details.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- Kosher or Sea Salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Mezzetta Homestyle Basil Pesto Spread
- 2 Tablespoons Mezzetta Deli Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini , minced
- 2 slices of bacon , cooked
- slices of toasted bread
- slices of tomato (optional)
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and allow to cook untouched until the first 1/4" or so of egg is set, about 2 minutes. Fold the cooked eggs over the uncooked eggs so that the uncooked egg can flow under the cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking and folding every 30 seconds to a minute until the eggs are nearly cooked to your preferred texture.
- Spoon the Mezzetta Homestyle Basil Pesto Spread and minced peperonici over the eggs and fold several times until it is distributed throughout the eggs. Remove from heat.
- Toast your bread, the layer on bacon, tomato (optional), and a couple spoonfuls of the scrambled eggs. Serve immediately.