Making fresh ice cream doesn’t get easier than this. Smashed strawberries add so much fresh flavor and texture to this easy no churn, 3 ingredient ice cream strawberry ice cream recipe. All you need are a few ingredients, patience and an appetite for something cool and refreshing on a hot Summer day.
Here’s a fun quickie video:
Here’s a link of more of our popular ice cream recipes here.
Ice Cream Making Awesome Tools:
Although for this recipe you don’t need an ice cream churner, most recipes will need one. Here’s a few of our favorites + an awesome waffle cone maker:
KitchenAid Stand Mixer Ice Cream Bowl – Freeze the bowl and churn away with your KA stand mixer (not included). Don’t have a KA stand mixer, no problem. Use this Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker instead.
Old Fashioned Ice Cream Maker – Some like it old school. If you do, you’ll love this ice cream maker. Add ice and salt, then churn to summer time perfection.
Waffle Cone Maker– What’s better than homemade ice cream? Homemade ice cream on homemade waffle cones. Summer will never be the same!
Easy Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe: No-churn, 3-Ingredients
- 2 cups (480 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces (397 g) sweetened condensed milk (not to be confused with evaporated milk) (one can)
- 1 pound (454 g) fresh strawberries or thawed frozen strawberries , mashed
- (optional) red food coloring to achieve a brighter pink color and few slices of strawberry for garnish
- Mash strawberries in a bowl and set aside. If using thawed frozen strawberries, drain the excess juices and water first, then mash the strawberries. If using fresh strawberries, keep the juices.
- In large mixing bowl of stand-mixer or in a large bowl and using an electric hand mixer, add all the ingredients: heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk.Whip the heavy cream mixture on high speed until stiff peaks form (to prevent massive splattering, start out at a slower speed and as the cream thickens, increase the speed). Be careful not to over mix or "break" the whip cream mixture.
- Pour the mashed strawberries into the mixture and gently fold in until combined. (Optional) for a brighter pink color, add a few drops of red food coloring into the mixture and gently stir.
- Pour the whipped mixture into a freezer safe container. We like to use a bread pan. Top with a few slices of strawberries for garnish (optional). Cover and freeze for about 4-5 hours. In about 3-4 hours you can have a "soft serve" type ice cream. If you prefer a more firm texture, freeze for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.