If you can’t finish a whole bag of bagels, don’t let them go to waste. Older bagels are perfect to make easy baked bagel chips for snacking! Sliced thin and baked to a crisp in the oven, this recipe for baked bagel chips is perfectly flavored with garlic and herbs. The combination of garlic and herbs makes these bagel chips perfect to munch on by themselves or for dipping in your favorite hummus or cheesy dips.
All you need are a few bagels, some fresh garlic, melted butter and herbs. Within a few minutes in the oven, you can have fresh batch of crunchy bagel snacks. These make the perfect after school snack for your kids. Make it a healthy platter alongside some raw vegetables and you’ve covered all four food groups.
Slice your bagel thin and evenly
Please read post for more recipe details
- 3 plain bagels , sliced thin about 1/8"
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Teaspoon dried herbs or 3 teaspoons fresh chopped herbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste or seasoning salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice bagels and make sure they are consistently the same thickness so that they can cook evenly. If you slice them into different thicknesses, then they will cook un-evenly, leaving some to burn easier.
- In medium pan, melt butter. Add garlic and herbs and cook till garlic is fragrant and soft, but not burnt. Remove pan from heat.
- On parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Brush butter & garlic mixture on bagel slices. Lay bagel slices on baking sheet and sprinkle salt/pepper (or seasoning salt) and top side with parmesan cheese.
- Bake bagel slices for about 20 minutes on each side, or until they are brown and crisp. Make sure to keep checking and turn bagel chips to cook evenly on both sides.