Classic spicy chicken buffalo wings have a few simple ingredients and devoted wing aficionados rarely stray from the original spicy chicken wing concept. But we’re here to break a few rules and toss in some fresh garlic because we love garlic and it’s nice to mix things up from time to time. A nice fragrance of garlic adds a wonderful layer of extra flavor and will bring smiles to everyone’s faces, particularly to those who love garlic.
Watch the video for these Spicy Garlic Chicken Wings:
As the minced garlic cooks in the melted butter, try to cook the garlic until it just begins to crisp up, but not burnt. No one likes burnt garlic taste, so be cautious. and experiment with more or less paprika for that pop of spice. This recipe can but used with any type of hot sauce, try variations with Franks Original hot sauce, tabasco sauce, sriracha hot sauce or maybe an Asian style chili garlic sauce. What ever you decide to you, these this buffalo wing recipe will be fantastic.
More Chicken Wing Recipes and Game Day Recipes
Can’t decide to fry or bake your buffalo wings? Here’s a discussion.
Originally published in January 2013, this recipe is shared again with a new video! Check out our Facebook page.
Spicy Garlic Buffalo Chicken Wings
Yield: Serves 3-4
Total Time: 1 hour
Chicken wings can be prepared in different ways to achieve their crispness: fried or baked, with flour or not. Visit this write up on different ways to prepare chicken wings. This recipe shows a baked technique, but you can certainly fry them if you like or pre-boil them to render excess fat and make them crispy.
- about 2 pounds (910g) Chicken Wings
- Olive Oil, for coating wings
- Kosher or sea Salt, to taste (for chicken wings)
- fresh cracked Black Pepper, to taste (for chicken wings)
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick or 58g) Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Brown Sugar
- Kosher or Sea Salt, to taste (for sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon (2ml) Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Franks Original Hot Sauce, Sriracha Hot Sauce or any hot sauce, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings. If desired, cut wings into wingettes and drumette pieces. Lightly coat chicken with olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Lay wings and drumettes on baking sheet. Bake wings in oven for about 50 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Make buffalo sauce: In medium sauce pan melt the butter, then add minced garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant and lightly browned, but not burnt.
- Add brown sugar, salt, smoked paprika and hot sauce to the sauce mixture. Cook for about 2 minutes or until sauce is combined well. Remove from heat.
- When wings are cooked, add them to large bowl and toss with the spicy garlic sauce. Coat all wings evenly with sauce.
- Serve warm, with sides of celery sticks, carrot sticks or blue cheese dip.
Hello! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.