If you’re ever craving spaghetti with sauce without the carbs and calories, you’re going to love this easy spaghetti squash recipe with as much cheese and sauce as you like. Cheesy, saucy spaghetti squash is a dinner that the whole family loves. It is a fantastic quick and easy dinner. And best of all, you can eat it straight out of the shell. Less dishes to do after dinner!
Video for Cheesy Saucy Spaghetti Squash Recipe:
Learning how to cook this great squash recipe is really easy. You have two options: you can bake it or you can microwave it. Both results are equally delicious. Baking the squash will take a little more time, but you’ll have a nice roasted flavor. It is also great if you are going to cook a couple spaghetti squashes at one time. Microwaving the squash is definitely quicker for a single spaghetti squash, but there will be little more water released. But all you need to do is to drain a little bit of the water and it’s perfect. Even if you bake it and as it cools, it will release water. So either way, depending on when you eat it, you just might have to drain some water.
This amazing quick and easy squash recipe is saucy because you can add what ever spaghetti sauce you want. And you can add more sauce if you like. If you want it extra cheesy, just add extra cheese! You can also add ground meat to your sauce and it’s a hearty meaty meal! Don’t forget to add a fresh and crisp side salad to add more greens to your amazing dinner. Enjoy! It’s an awesome low carb Italian-inspired dinner! There are so many possibilities with this dinner. You can even add some cooked spinach, tofu, chicken or even shrimp and it’s a dinner that keeps on giving.
Here’s more great spaghetti squash recipes., including a great spaghetti squash with an easy sausage tomato sauce.
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash, cooked - see headnote for cooking options
- about 2 cups (480ml) Spaghetti Sauce
- about 1/2 cup (120ml) shredded or freshly grated parmesan cheese
- minced parsley, for garnish
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- After loosening up the strands of the cooked spaghetti squash, ladle hot spaghetti sauce on top and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Heat up the spaghetti squash halves in the oven or microwave for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with minced parsley.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Cheesy Saucy Spaghetti Squash
Yield: Serves 2-3
Total Time: 30 minutes
This quick and easy spaghetti squash recipe is based on cooking it in the microwave and here's the link to how to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave. But if you prefer to bake or roast the spaghetti squash in the oven, we have a tutorial too! Here's the technique on baking or roasting the spaghetti squash.