For many of the recipes in on this site, we refer to a mango salsa recipe to pair with the dish. Bright, fruity and flavorful, this recipe for fresh mango salsa pairs well with Mexican recipes or just as a side dish to many grilled chicken or healthy chicken salad recipes. Or if you want to enjoy some chips and salsa, this recipe hits the spot!
Video of our Refreshing Mango Salsa Recipe
There’s so many reasons to love mango salsa. First of all, it’s super refreshing, fruity and super delicious. It’s the perfect topping for tacos or on top of salads. Love grilled seafood dishes? Top seafood with this mango salsa recipe and it’s the perfect pairing to salmon and other seafood recipes that you need a fresh topping over.
Another reason why we love mango salsa so much is because it’s just super different from the other salsas. The bright flavors really bring out a fresh layer of flavor to the usual cheesy and rich game-day or appetizer dishes. When ever we have a party or taco bar, we always have a big bowl of mango salsa and people eat it as a salad on it’s own. It’s so delicious, mango salsa is like a meal in itself.
So the next time you need a quick and healthy side dish, you’ll love having this gorgeous bowl of mango salsa to enjoy.
This recipe was originally published in 2013 and re-published in 2017 with new video!
Fresh Mango Salsa
Yield: Serves 4
Total Time: 15 minutes
This is great with tortilla chips, as a dip, for tacos, on chicken or fish, topping a burger. The uses are limitless.
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 small tomato
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) finely minced fresh cilantro leaves
- sea salt, to taste
- optional: minced green onions and fresh jalapeno or serrano chiles, to taste
- Peel and cut mango into small 1/4" to 1/2" pieces.
- Cut tomato into 1/4" pieces
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients together (diced mango, tomato, lime juice, cilantro, salt and/or optional green onions and chiles). Mix well. Use immediately or store in fridge for up to 2 days.
Hello! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.