Chicken Wing Recipes are often fried, baked or grilled. Sometimes the recipes for chicken buffalo wings are loaded with butter and grease. But you don’t have to give up one of the most popular chicken appetizers because of the calories. We have had options for healthy chicken buffalo wings such as our healthy sriracha chicken wings recipe.
The same idea for making healthier chicken wings carries over to different spicy hot sauce flavors such as Tabasco sauce. This popular hot sauce favorite is made into a healthy sauce so you can get the best of both worlds if you’re a fan of wings and Tabasco!
Here’s a recipe for Healthy Sriracha Chicken Wings
Healthy Tabasco Chicken Wings Recipe
Yield: Serves 2-3
Total Time: 45 min
Please read recipe post for more recipe details and photos. Chicken wings can be prepared in different ways: fried or baked, either way dredged in flour or not. Visit this write up on different ways to prepare chicken wings. This recipe shows a baked technique, but you can certainly fry them if you like.
- 3 lbs. Chicken Wings
- Kosher or Sea Salt, to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Canola or other Cooking Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed or minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced Shallots
- 8 oz. (227g) Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a couple sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken wings. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the wings on the sheet pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flip the wings over and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the wings are golden and cooked through.
- While the wings bake, make the sauce. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots and cook until soft, 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer then remove from the heat. Taste the sauce and adjust to your personal preference; adding more Tabasco for spice, brown sugar for sweet, or soy sauce for salt as desired.
- After the wings have finished baking, toss them in a large bowl with the sauce, then serve.