Everyone loves a good creamy garlic alfredo sauce, but sure, it’s decadent and sometimes we want to eat it more often! There’s a way to enjoy chicken alfredo with less guilt and it’s by using zucchini noodles! There’s still excellent flavor with the zucchini noodles and there’s less calories.
This recipe for creamy garlic chicken alfredo just takes a few simple ingredients and within about 30 minutes, you have a wonderful meal for everyone to enjoy an Italian-inspired dinner. We’re using milk instead of heavy cream and it makes the same a little lighter. For more flavor, just add more parmesan cheese and this also gives the sauce a little more thicker body and richer flavor.
You can use chicken breast or any cut of chicken that you like. Using chicken thighs or dark meat is equally delicious and there will be more flavor to the chicken alfredo!
Zucchini noodles are also called “zoodles” and by using a vegetable spiralizer or julienne tool, you an easily achieve zucchini noodles in a matter of minutes. Zoodles are a great alternative to pasta, especially if you’re craving pasta without all the calories. Zoodles are lighter, lower carb and equally satisfying as a pasta.
This creamy garlic alfredo recipe is super addicting and dangerous. You could easily eat the whole pan, but you wouldn’t want to do that, would you? Just share it with some friends, add a glass of wine and you’ll feel less guilty than if you ate the whole pan yourself. Sharing is caring folks! enjoy.
Creamy Garlic Chicken Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles
Yield: Serves 3-4
Total Time: 30 minutes
When making the alfredo sauce, you can make it a little thicker by adding more cheese because the zucchini will release some water, making the sauce a little thinner. But we've tasted it with the thinner sauce and it's equally delicious!
- about 1 pound (455g) zucchini (about 3 medium zucchini) cut into noodle shapes with spiralizer
- about 2 pounds (910g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces or to your preferred size.
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45g) butter
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons (45ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (480ml) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves, fresh or dried
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1 1/2 cups (120g or 360ml) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- minced parsley for garnish
- Blanch the zucchini noodles for 1 minute in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat large skillet on medium/high heat. Add oil and then add chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook the chicken until brown around edges and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
- In same pan, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Whisk in flour and continue whisking to remove large clumps of flour.
- Slowly whisk in milk. Whisking regularly, bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low. Simmer and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Add dried thyme, mustard powder, fresh grated parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook in the sauce until it becomes tender, about 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook the zucchini noodles or they’ll become mush.
- Add chicken back into the pan with the zucchini noodles and sauce. Allow the chicken to simmer in the sauce and noodles for about 1 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve warm. Enjoy!
Hello! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission and do not re-publish this recipe. Simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.