We had all the right ingredients to make our greek salad recipe. But we didn’t realize how amazing it would be and how quick everyone was going to eat it! They loved it! We knew it was going to be tasty, but didn’t anticipate that everyone else we served it to would go so wild over it. It’s crazy to think how easy a greek salad is to make and not everyone seems to know about it. It’s literally just a few super fresh ingredients for the vinaigrette that helps win everyone over. Yup, that’s what fresh lemon zest and lemon juice can do for a salad. But it’s all the colors and textures of chopped cucumbers, tomatoes and olives.
Video for this Awesome 20 minute Greek Salad Recipe
The feta cheese ties everything together with its creamy and salt love. Gently toss it with the vinaigrette and that’s eat. Each bite packs a fresh punch of chopped veggies and a bright, flavorful salad dressing. It’s Summer in a bite. In fact, it’s actually a year round salad. It’s that go-to 24/7 salad that you can whip together for a quick potluck salad contribution or a quick lunch. Make it ahead of time and you won’t be tired of it because it’s a recipe for greek salad that doesn’t get old, especially when it’s so quick and easy to make. Enjoy!
Check out some Favorites for this Recipe:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and products. Here’s some of the favorites:
Cherry-Olive Pitter – Works great for olive & cherries. Pits be gone!
Microplane Zester – Lemon zest perfected!
Murray River Salt – Easily our favorite finishing salt. Amazing salt from Australia. Perfect flakes and super delicious!
20 Minute Greek Salad
Yield: Serves 4-6
Total Time: 20 minutes
The fun part about this salad is that you can totally customize it the way you want. Add more of less of any ingredient to make it perfect to your personal taste!
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) red wine vinegar
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
For the salad:
- 1 large cucumber (or 3-4 small cucumbers), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 ripe roma tomatoes, diced (or 1 cup (240ml) cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) diced red onion
- 3/4 cup (180ml) pitted black kalamata olives, halved
- 4 ounces (113g) feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chopped parsley
- In large bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and dill). Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or additional seasonings, to taste.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese and parsley. Gently stir everything together to coat with the dressing. Add additional fresh lemon zest or juice (optional) to taste. Serve chilled.